We know you’ve heard it all before: it’s important to stay hydrated. We all have heard the statistic that our bodies are mostly made of water. Today’s post will tell you more about the details of why water is so important to your body.
- Energy Levels. When you’re not properly hydrated, viagra sales the activity of enzymes slows, viagra usa making you feel sluggish.
- Regularity: When the body doesn’t have enough water, it pulls water from your stools, which makes it harder to go. Over time, this prevents your body from eliminating toxins and inflammation from your body.
- Digestion. Your body needs water to produce the 7 liters of digestive juices it needs to process your food. When you’re dehydrated, it’s harder for the body to digest your food.
- Stomach Health: Normally, your stomach secretes a layer of mucus made up almost entirely of water (98%) which protects your stomach lining from the highly acidic digestive fluid needed to digest the food you eat. Chronic dehydration prevents mucus production and could lead to ulcers in the stomach.
- Blood Pressure: Chronic dehydration leads to thicker blood and contracted blood vessels. As a result, your body must work harder to push blood through the veins, which makes your blood pressure go up.
- Acid-Alkaline Balance: Dehydration causes your body’s enzymes to slow down, which interrupts your biochemical processes. At the cellular level, this could lead to the body being too acidic, which only gets worse if your organs cannot eliminate them if the body is dehydrated. When the body is too acidic, it could lead to inflammation, along with yeast and fungus growth.
If you’re considering bottled water delivery to your office, Crystal Rock can help! Ask us how we can bring your team a healthy alternative to soda and increase your productivity!