Today’s post follows our last about why you should drink more water. Do you know why it’s so important to stay hydrated? Read our previous post to see the first six reasons why you probably need to drink more water.
So many of your body’s functions rely on water, generic viagra and here are three more reasons to drink more:
– Respiration: The mucus membranes in the respiratory tract protect the body, viagra buy but chronic dehydration could lead them to dry out. This means they can’t protect the body from inhaled particles, like allergens.
– Kidney and Urinary Health: The kidneys can’t flush out water soluble toxins from your body without enough water. When you are dehydrated, your body cannot sufficiently dilute the toxins in our urine which could lead to irritation of the urinary mucus membranes. In turn, this can set up an environment that is friendly to germs and infection.
– Joint Health: Dehydrated cartilage and ligaments are more brittle and prone to damage. Joints can also become inflamed when irritants in the bloodstream are concentrated and attack the joints which can lead to arthritis.
– Weight Management: Did you know that feeling hungry might be a symptom of being thirsty? Eating can make you feel like you’re not thirsty, and dehydration-induced fatigue is often misinterpreted as needing to eat. Both can create sensations of hunger which could cause you to overeat.
– Aging: The aging process involves gradual loss of cell volume and an imbalance of the extracellular and intracellular fluids. When you’re not drinking enough water, the aging process can speed up or make you look older because your body has difficulty maintaining the right balance of fluids.